Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What Do I Want to Do?

We had a big family event over the weekend full of speeches and special moments. At one point, my grandmother asked all the grandchildren what we wanted to do in our lives...not realistically, but what we dreamed of doing.

And I really didn't know! We've been spending so much time lately planning for the future and being practical that I've had no time to think about the endless possibilities that exist right now.

Being a young twenty-something is both very difficult and very exciting these days - it's practically impossible to find jobs the way our parents did, but at the same time, if we want to drop everything and go try to live our dream, we can. I can only speak for myself, but really there's nothing to lose and nothing really tying me down. I have no one who depends on me (i.e. a husband, kids) and no real obligations (like maybe a job).

Maybe if I don't find a job this year I'll get my parents to invest in a little startup business run by me.

Haha just kidding. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment