Monday, October 1, 2012

Muskoka Wildlife Centre

My family is renting a cottage in Muskoka this week as they do every year and I was fortunate to be able to join them for the weekend! We stayed in Port Stanton, which my grandfather's relatives founded. I hadn't been there in about four years and it was great to be back. 

We also got to visit the Muskoka Wildlife Centre, which is a sort of sanctuary for wild animals native to Ontario. People bring injured animals there and they are nursed back to health. The ones who can't be re-released into the wild get to stay and help encourage visitors, who then enable the centre to keep running! They have a bobcat and lynx, a cougar, some wolves, and even a pair of ravens! Here are some pictures I took at the centre:

Bald eagle

Badger

Black bear

It was a great weekend and I wish I had more pictures, but I was very glad I got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment