Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Feelings on Twitter

Housemates often tell me that instead of having a blog, I should have Twitter. I have a lot of random thoughts and funny observations that could easily fit into 160 characters or whatever the limit is.

I actually did get a Twitter account last year, or maybe a few years ago. Back then, Twitter was simpler. Now, whenever I go to Twitter, everyone's tweets have at least three of these: #, @, or it's a retweet.

I understand where the @ is coming from. It's like how Facebook now lets you tag people when you write about them. That's nifty. But all of a sudden, these # (I believe they're called hash tags?) have taken over my news feed! And I still have no idea what they mean. And, they make tweets hard to read (in my opinion).

I guess my point is...when did Twitter get so complicated??? Am I the only one who feels this way?

And now that I think about it, this is exactly why I started my blog, to make observations like this. So Twitter...please get less complicated or explain to me how you work!

P.S. here is my twitter if absolutely anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment